directory-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Seelmann <seelm...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Project reorganization proposal
Date Fri, 03 Apr 2009 18:45:21 GMT
Hi,

> Those are the projects a user can see on the web site. It's maybe time
> to change that a bit. We could have something like :
> * LDAP Client-API
> * ApacheDS
>  o ADS 1.0 (will die some day ...)
>  o ADS 1.5 (won't survive 2.0)
>  o ADS 2.0 (soon !)
> * Studio
> * Kerberos
> * Triplesec

I think this structure makes sense.

But as the projects depend on each other we must make sure that we don't
break one project when we change another. In the past we had the problem
that shared was changed and this change broke studio. When we have more
subprojects this could happen more likely. I think the best solution
would be to define clear and stable APIs between the projects, something
we just started with the Client API.

Kind Regards,
Stefan