directory-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Zoerner <ste...@labeo.de>
Subject Re: Project reorganization proposal
Date Fri, 03 Apr 2009 17:28:22 GMT
Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:
> Those are the projects a user can see on the web site. It's maybe time
> to change that a bit. We could have something like :
> * LDAP Client-API
> * ApacheDS
>  o ADS 1.0 (will die some day ...)
>  o ADS 1.5 (won't survive 2.0)
>  o ADS 2.0 (soon !)
> * Studio
> * Kerberos
> * Triplesec

Good idea. Having different versions of ApacheDS toplevel (as it is
currently the case) makes it hard to maintain the documentation. Your
approach is better w.r.t. segregating general parts (e.g. "New to
LDAP?") from version specific stuff (e.g. configuration)

> - The LDAP client-API will be a new project, marked as 'WiP' (Work in
> Progress).

Groovy LDAP would find a place here as well (marked as WiP as well), as
you have already suggested.

> May be we can rename Client-API to Apache LDAP API too, as the server
> will depend on the client-API.
>
> wdyt ?

I like your ideas.
+1