directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Client API] Bind Operation
Date Wed, 01 Apr 2009 09:53:32 GMT
Martin Alderson wrote:
> One thing that could be done to make it easier for the user to specify these extra arguments
is to use chainable setters as popularised by jQuery (I think!) which could give us something
like:

>   connection.bind(userDN, new BindOptions().setPassword(password).setTimeLimit(10000).setControls(controls));

You and Alex convinced me that this chain concept, even if I don't like
it, should be present, for those who want to use it. Anyway, it's a no
brainer to implement. Wait... The commit has already been pushed ;)

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny
www.iktek.com
directory.apache.org