directory-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Custine <chris.cust...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ApacheDS OSGi configuration
Date Thu, 16 Apr 2009 21:17:16 GMT
Hi Jesse!  Long time no see...

We're actually using version 2.0 of the maven bundle plugin already
(wouldn't have it any other way).  What we have now is all of the ApacheDS
classes rolled up into a single monolithic bundle because there are
currently too many split packages to work around.  I think we are fixing
that soon so that you could replace or mix and match parts of the server as
needed (partition types, protocols, etc).  The current bundle is totally
suitable for embedding, but there are a lot of external bundle dependencies
which are a bitch to get straight.  I have an excellent setup right now that
uses the ServiceMix 4 kernel project (soon to be Karaf, under Felix) and the
"Features" funtionality to manage getting all the right bundles.  I am sure
we'll be looking at Tycho and P2 when we get things structured a little
better.

As always it would be great to have additional input so feel free to jump
in...

Chris

--
Chris Custine