directory-dev mailing list archives

From Christine Koppelt <ckopp...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Project reorganization proposal
Date Fri, 03 Apr 2009 18:14:02 GMT
Hi Emmanuel,

the Kerberos stuff is quite broken atm mainly due to a lack of
reliable unit tests (for example [1]) and the whole
bigbang-mina2-merging thing. So far it's not such a big thing to fix
it. I started with it last week and at the moment it's at least
possible again to start the server and obtain TGTs (will write another
mail about this after doing a bit more tests), but I fear if there is
another big reorganisation of the whole codebase it would be much
harder to fix.

My suggestion: Fix the stuff, so that the server has at least the
kerberos functionality it had back in 1.5.1, and, more important, add
unit-tests that reliable test the whole functionality. If we then have
at least 2+x (x>=0) committers for it, I will support this proposal.
I'm willing to work on the Kerberos server further, but don't have
that much time atm. Kiran, it would be great if you could also have a
look at it.

regards,

Christine

[1] http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-1341