directory-dev mailing list archives

From Glenn Everitt <glenn.ever...@gmail.com>
Subject ApacheDS OSGi configuration
Date Tue, 14 Apr 2009 13:12:49 GMT

I'm trying to get ApacheDS running under equinox but having some
configuration problems.  (Not sure this should be dev list or user list so
my apologies.)

I've downloaded and build apacheds\all and apacheds\osgi  and I think they
build correctly
all\target contains  apacheds-all-1.5.5-SNAPSHOT.jar    size 8KB and
apacheds-all-1.5.5-SNAPSHOT-app.jar  size 6,938KB
osgi\target contains apacheds-osgi-1.5.5-SNAPSHOT.jar  size 3,685KB

I'm trying to configure to run in equinox rather than felix ( long story).
So, I used eclipse to create a project from the jar
apacheds-all-1.5.5-SNAPSHOT.jar   and I did the same for
apacheds-osgi-1.5.5-SNAPSHOT.jar  and then after pulling in a bunch of
apache commons jars into a "library" bundle everything seems to have
resolved.  Next I added to a debug configuration in eclipse I have equinox
starting up and I have the bundles "org.apache.directory.all" and
"org.apache.directory.server" both in Active state.

However the "org.apache.directory.server" (osgi bundle) should be
registering services.  I noticed the server.xml in the examples folder which
looks like a spring configuration file and the default settings seemed
reasonable.  So, I added a spring folder in the META-INF folder and copied
the server.xml into it.  I restarted equinox and using the equinox osgi
console "bundle" command I was hoping to see that the services defined in
the servers.xml would have been started.  Unfortunately, they were not
started and I found the activator pointing to
org.eclipse.equinox.http.jetty.internal.Activator - it doesn't look like it
does anything to register the services so it must be up to the spring
configuration in servers.xml.  I'm not sure why this isn't working.  Also, I
am not sure what core file is located here generated by Apache XBean:
\all_trunk\apacheds\osgi\src\main\resources\META-INF\services\org\apache\xbean\spring\http\
apacheds.org\config\core

It looks like it binds interceptor names to implementation classes.  If you
have any information about how to configure these bundles I would appreciate
it.

Thanks (ApacheDS is great software - I've using it "outside" of equinox and
am impressed with the feature set and stability.)
Glenn Everitt