directory-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Seelmann <seelm...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Usage of ldap connection.core in custom rcp
Date Wed, 15 Apr 2009 10:58:32 GMT
Hi Erdal,

Quoting Erdal Karaca <erdal.karaca.de@googlemail.com>:

> Now, when trying to use a ldap connection (connection obtained from
> connection manager of connection.core),
> there is always an error when connection is bound:
>
> javax.naming.NamingException: No authentification handler
>  at
> It seems that connection.core somehow depends on connection.ui.
>
> So, what is the preferred way of using just the core plugins without ui?

You are right. The connection UI plugin injects some dependencies to
the core plugin.

You need to implement your own IAuthHandler and set it via
ConnectionCorePlugin.setAuthHandler(), see the UIAuthHandler class for
an example. The purpose of this handler is to ask the user for the
password if the password isn't saved in the connection properties.

Maybe it makes sense to set a default IAuthHandler in the core plugin,
that throws an exception if no password is available. This default
could then be overwritten by the UI plugin. Any contribution is
welcomed :-)

The same should be done for the IReferralHandler, this is used to ask
the user for the target connection of an referral.

Kind Regards,
Stefan

BTW: I'm just curious: What kind of custom RCP application are you
working on, if you could talk about?