Hello Alex/Emmanuel,

Thanks for your suggestions.

With all this discussion and information provided by you and some of the pointers searched on internet, I am interested in the proxy project and I think with the smart load balancer (more interested in this), failover mechanism, security features can make LDAP Proxy more robust.  btw, is developing a load blaancer a separate project idea for proxy project ?

Since I am new to ApacheDS project so at this moment its bit difficult for me to evaluate about the volume of work involved in this LDAP proxy project for gsoc (not sure how much work will be involved for about 3-month). In other words, what is the scope of the project (I think it needs to be defined based on the existing functionality for Proxy)?

Could you also let me know about the tools and technologies will be used like Java (i am sure about it!), Windows/Linux? or others?

Thanks again.

Best Regards,
Rahul