// Apologize for empty email. clicked the send button by mistake

Hello Emmanuel,
On Tue, Mar 3, 2009 at 11:02 PM, Rahul SOA <rahul.soa@googlemail.com> wrote:

On Tue, Mar 3, 2009 at 10:33 PM, Emmanuel Lecharny <elecharny@apache.org> wrote:
Rahul SOA wrote:
Hello Emmanuel/Dev,

I was trying to see how LDAP proxy looks like in the Studio to evolve the
idea "LDAP graphical proxy in Studio" you published .
It was a Swing ui.

so that means it is not available in the current version of the Studio. Is it?

 Could you please guide
me how to get this as I read some information about it from here
http://cwiki.apache.org/DIRxSBOX/ldap-proxy.html , dont see the screen shot
of the proxy though (Screenshot-LDAP-Proxy-GUI.png). I have installed
ApacheDS 1.5, Directory Studio 1.3.0 and curious to see the LDAP proxy.

Well, it's really old, and I think we have lost the snapshot while migrating the wiki ...

The idea is to be able to trap the incoming requests from a client and the associated response from the server, presenting them in a GUI with on the left part, the requests, and on the right part, their content. Pretty basic.

We were able to store the exchanged data as XML files, to be able to reply them if needed.

It's not really a 'Ldap proxy', it's just a debugging tool used to see what are the requests a client send. It's very useful when working on applications which "talk" to ldap, as you can analyse what they send to the server.

Is this enough for you as a description ?

Yes, by this time its enough. I have got some idea about the LDAP proxy and I think it interests me more now. Moving on, do we already have decoder (PDU decoder) to decode PDU (req/res message) to display the contents in the GUI? I think, we can reuse the existing UI.

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com
directory.apache.org