Hi Emm,

On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 2:37 PM, Emmanuel Lecharny <elecharny@apache.org> wrote:
Let's analyse the Add operation now.

The proposal methods are :

* blocking operations
AddResponse add( Entry entry ) throws InterruptedOperationException
AddResponse add( String dn, Attributes attributes ) throws InterruptedOperationException
AddResponse add( Entry entry, Control[] controls ) throws InterruptedOperationException
AddResponse add( String dn, Attributes attributes, Control[] controls ) throws InterruptedOperationException

You think we should use JNDI stuff here?  Is it better to get the response or just throw an LdapAddException ?

* non blocking operations
void add( Entry entry, AddListener listener ) throws InterruptedOperationException
void add( String dn, Attributes attributes, AddListener listener ) throws InterruptedOperationException
void add( Entry entry, AddListener listener, Control[] controls ) throws InterruptedOperationException
void add( String dn, Attributes attributes, AddListener listener, Control[] controls ) throws InterruptedOperationException

Again, I don't know if we need something else than the control, I will check.

What does the AddListener interface look like?

Thanks,
Alex