On Sun, Mar 29, 2009 at 12:39 PM, Emmanuel Lecharny <elecharny@apache.org> wrote:
Hi,

we need to create a new sub project for the client API, something like shared-client-api. We will use it in the server to handle the replication (for the consumer), and we will also need it in Studio. Last, not least, this API could become the next jLDAP API.

Sounds like a good plan.  BTW I think it might be a good idea to write a couple snippets of code using various APIs to see what aspect of each makes writing code with that API easier.  Sometimes you see that one kind of API is bad and see what constructs improve readability and conciseness.

At this point, we already have some things working, like a LdapConnection, the bind and unbind operation, plus some search operations handling. Whipping the other operations can be done quite quickly.

Very cool we can start using this for our virtualization aims.

Now, the things is that it need to be designed carefully, and I would appreciate if some of you can come and join the effort, because when it comes to API designing, it's better to be more than one doing it, as we should be very carefull and have users in mind.

wdyt ?

Excellent.  I will surely take a look and try to play with the API.

Alex