Hi all,

During ApacheCon Stephan Zoerner pointed out something very interesting about an ldif based configuration. Initially we had thought the hardest problem was to figure out how to synchronize changes made to the ldif files with changes being made to the same data through the LDAP protocol.  I think we can handle this easily however this point Stephan made has left me a little perplexed.

Stephan pointed out the fact that we have both standalone configuration driven by some kind of configuration file and manual programatic wiring of the server in embedded scenarios which often will not have the ldif configuration file.  In the case with manual configuration some kind of ldif representation would need to be generated to reflect the wiring.  I have no idea how this can be achived gracefully.  I was putthing this out there to solicit others for some advice on this matter.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks,
Alex