Hi,

What's the name of the hard drive you're trying to install Apache DS on ?

We've already have the same error message in the past:
"Unable to get the current logfile size with stat: The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect. (0x7b)"
See this thread: http://osdir.com/ml/apache.directory.user/2008-06/msg00031.html

Thanks,
Pierre-Arnaud