Hi Emmanuel,

On Fri, Feb 27, 2009 at 6:45 PM, Emmanuel Lecharny <elecharny@apache.org> wrote:
french translation is 60% done. I have to finish it, and then some review will be necessary.

I'll help on that, finishing and polishing the translation.
There are a couple of important things I would like to see in the next version, but I don't know if we will have time to include them by end of march
- Direct Schema injection in ADS. It's a bit painfull to have to export to LDIF then inject those ldif into the server when it could be done directly.

That would be very nice. The UI for this is almost ready. I'll need to review this but I think the only needed thing to get it working is having the algorithm which pushed the modifications back to the server (ordering the modifications is a bit complex, but with some work it should be possible to manage it).
- General improvements on the schema browser. There are many small itches that could be removed if the interface were to be reviewed and be a bit more user friendly

It's true. Having used the schema browser as a simple user recently, I also noticed several weakness that should be fixed. I filled some JIRA for some of them.
- and of course, handling of the next ADS configuration file.

Of course, with a better handling for comments in the XML file.
That would be perfect for a 1.4.0, IMHO.

But if we don't have time, we can differ those to the next version.

You're right that would be perfect, but I don't think we'll have the time to do all that by ApacheCon.
We have almost 3 weeks left.
Even less if you count the vote waiting period (4 days) and the time to get the mirrors uptodate (1 day).
If we want to release 1.4.0 for the 23rd of march, we'll need to launch the vote on the 18th (wednesday).

I'm affraid all these new features will have to wait for 1.5.0 (which does not mean they'll be out in 6 months, we can release 1.5.0 a few weeks after 1.4.0).