directory-dev mailing list archives

From Rahul SOA <rahul....@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: want to contribute in the project
Date Tue, 03 Mar 2009 08:41:02 GMT
Hello Emmanuel,

 Thanks for your email.

 I will get back to you soon about the topics you published here. wondering
if I can get some more details about the task(s)?

 I was browsing the directory gsoc2008 idea list on the following link:

 http://wiki.apache.org/general/SummerOfCode2008#directory

It seems that following idea is already been implemented
 *- > Implement Directory Agent (DA) in SLP*
and what about* "Implement the IPv6 support in the Apache DS SLP provider"*

Could you please confirm me about this?

Many Thanks.
Rahul
**

  On Sun, Mar 1, 2009 at 12:02 AM, Emmanuel Lecharny <elecharny@apache.org>
wrote:
> Rahul SOA wrote:
>>
>> Hello Emmanuel/Alex/Devs,
>>

> Hi Rahul,
>>
>> Thanks for your quick reply.
>>
>> I am new to ApacheDS but due to having interest in LDAP and Java I am
>> interested in this.  I am trying to get some enough knowledge of
>> project to propose something. I am looking into the project (DS part,
>> studio and Triplesec) to understand it.  It will be really
>> advantageous, if you can share your thought about incoming
>> projects/ideas. Thanks in advance.
>>

> Following your mail, we had a quick convo about what could be the subjects
> on which you could work :
> - a LDAP graphical proxy in Studio (extracting the exchanged PDU and
> presenting them in the GUI, with there decoded values)
> - A web UI to administrate the server
> - Addition of some metrics into the server (like number of requests - per
> period of time, gathered, etc)
> and many more.
> - Revitalizing the Triplesec project
> - Contributions to Groovy LDAP
> - GUI to manage the Kerberos  server
>
> So far, this is a very first drop of ideas, some of them are quite huge
(I'm
> thinking about TripleSec, for instance : it's a bit to big to fit in a
GSoc