directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <akaras...@apache.org>
Subject [ApacheDS] Ldif partition
Date Sat, 28 Mar 2009 18:21:58 GMT
Hi all,

During ApacheCon Stephan Zoerner pointed out something very interesting
about an ldif based configuration. Initially we had thought the hardest
problem was to figure out how to synchronize changes made to the ldif files
with changes being made to the same data through the LDAP protocol.  I think
we can handle this easily however this point Stephan made has left me a
little perplexed.

Stephan pointed out the fact that we have both standalone configuration
driven by some kind of configuration file and manual programatic wiring of
the server in embedded scenarios which often will not have the ldif
configuration file.  In the case with manual configuration some kind of ldif
representation would need to be generated to reflect the wiring.  I have no
idea how this can be achived gracefully.  I was putthing this out there to
solicit others for some advice on this matter.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks,
Alex