directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <akaras...@apache.org>
Subject Package Reorganization
Date Wed, 25 Mar 2009 10:09:18 GMT
Hi all,

I have just recently pulled out some of the API classes in core into the new
core-api package.  I did this to be able to break out the new LdifPartition
into it's own module.  Eventually I would like to be able to push the JDBM
partition into it's own jar as well.  This step makes it trivial now.  I
could continue with this direction and really make some nice separations
that make OSGi much more viable for ADS.   Unfortunately we have to move
rapidly so I stopped for now so I can move on to pushing the configuration
into the DIT.

I was wondering if anyone is interested in working with me on this aspect of
breaking apart the core.  Doing this is actually not bad and it helps to see
the structure of the server not to mention the benefits we gain from doing
it.  Although I don't have the time to do it myself past how much was
already done I can review the changes being made by someone else interested
in ADS going to OSGi.

Let me know if you're interested.

Thanks,
Alex