directory-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [Studio] Validation of server configuration against schema
Date Mon, 09 Mar 2009 17:22:03 GMT

On Mar 8, 2009, at 6:34 PM, Felix Knecht wrote:

> Emmanuel Lecharny schrieb:
>> On Mon, Mar 9, 2009 at 1:05 AM, Felix Knecht <felix@otego.com> wrote:
>>> Hi all
>>>
>>> We have various default-server configurations [1] and also
>>> generated schemas
>>> which should fit. I'm simply not able to do a valid validation of
>>> one of the
>>> default-server configuration using the corresponding schema.
>>> Neither in self
>>> written java code nor using any tools ...
>>> Has anybody more luck or is this a problem or must it not validate
>>> (if so
>>> what's the reason to create the schemas)?
>> The schema are self-generated by xbeans. Maybe the generation is
>> not correct ?
>
> I can find very, very rare docs about the maven-xbean-plugin and
> it's usage!
> Looking at the code I guess this is what's going on for classes have
> the marker "* @org.apache.xbean.XBean"
> - Setters should (!?) be marked with "* @org.apache.xbean.XBean"
> - Getters may have no specific marker (but can like property), but
> are taken for schema generation
> - Other methods ... ?

Mostly you need to annotate collection valued setters with the type
included in the collection.  Otherwise xbean-spring can pretty much
figure out what is needed by reflection.  IIRC you can also annotate
constructors??

The lack of docs is annoying but I usually look at the xbean examples
in the tests.

What is stopping you from doing the validation? AFAIK it ought to be
possible.

david jencks