directory-dev mailing list archives

From 陳繹光 <charles0...@gmail.com>
Subject Need help to solve ApacheDS problem
Date Thu, 26 Mar 2009 07:52:28 GMT
Hi all

I install ApacheDS 1.0.2 on my Linux (Ubuntu 8.04) system and use ldapsearch
to test the connection. I found that when I change user password, I can't
use new password to authenticate user. But the old password works. The new
password may take effect after waiting for a while (maybe 30 minutes or so,
not sure) and will take affect after restart ApacheDS. Note that I was using
ldapsearch to authenticate user. Apache Directory Studio can verify the new
password without problem. Similar problem occurs when I change a cn
attribute: the old one still works!

Then I install ApacheDS 1.5.4 and the above problem is gone. But our project
have integrated ApacheDS 1.0.2 and it's hard for me to upgrade to 1.5.4 now.
So I want  to solve this problem in 1.0.2. Does anyone can give me some
advice on how to solve this problem? Or tell me what changes in 1.5.4's code
or settings solve the problem? Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
Charles