directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Client API] Bind Operation
Date Tue, 31 Mar 2009 21:20:36 GMT
So here is what I have from now on :

Simple bind (blocking) :
    public LdapResponse bind()  throws LdapException
    public LdapResponse bind( String name ) throws Exception
    public LdapResponse bind( String name, String credentials ) throws
LdapException
    public LdapResponse bind( String name, byte[] credentials )  throws
LdapException

Sasl and other complex operations (blocking and not blocking):
    public LdapResponse bind( BindRequest bindRequest ) throws LdapException
    public void bind( BindRequest bindRequest, BindListener bindListener
) throws LdapException

The non blocking operation is the last one, using the bindListener. I
also have added a timeout parameter into the BindRequest object, so that
a blocking request does not last forever.

I was trying to evaluate if it's a good idea to have bindSasl() methods,
instead of having a generic bind( BindRequest). In this case, we will
have this additional method  :
    public LdapResponse bindSasl( String name, String mechanism, byte[]
credentials )  throws LdapException

wdyt ?

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny