directory-dev mailing list archives

From Kiran Ayyagari <ayyagariki...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Client API] Bind Operation
Date Tue, 31 Mar 2009 13:31:02 GMT

Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:
> One more thing :
>
> we must handle the controls within the bind operation. That could be
> done by adding an optionnal extra parameter, like jLDAP does (they are
> using LdapConstraints)
>
> This object contains :
> - a list of controls
> - size limit
> - time limit
> - referral handling
> - and a general property allowing you to send server specific parameters
> (I guess).

+1 for specific parameters, that avoids one more step of reading some external doc to understand
this API.
(I still do a search for env parameter values while writing code to create a InitialContext
:( )

On a other note, I think this client API would help me in my sandboxed work on Object LDAP
mapping (currently from
schema-> POJO -> Server). Currently this is tightly coupled with CoreSession API.

I believe that once we get the client-api out then the OLM ( !! ;) ) project will benefit
from it. as I need not provide
a client side binding in two different APIs (ADS core API, JNDI)

--
Kiran Ayyagari