directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject [Client API] Add Operation
Date Tue, 31 Mar 2009 12:37:33 GMT
Let's analyse the Add operation now.

The proposal methods are :

* blocking operations
AddResponse add( Entry entry ) throws InterruptedOperationException
AddResponse add( String dn, Attributes attributes ) throws
InterruptedOperationException
AddResponse add( Entry entry, Control[] controls ) throws
InterruptedOperationException
AddResponse add( String dn, Attributes attributes, Control[] controls )
throws InterruptedOperationException

* non blocking operations
void add( Entry entry, AddListener listener ) throws
InterruptedOperationException
void add( String dn, Attributes attributes, AddListener listener )
throws InterruptedOperationException
void add( Entry entry, AddListener listener, Control[] controls ) throws
InterruptedOperationException
void add( String dn, Attributes attributes, AddListener listener,
Control[] controls ) throws InterruptedOperationException

Again, I don't know if we need something else than the control, I will
check.

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny
www.iktek.com