directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject [Client API]
Date Sun, 29 Mar 2009 10:39:28 GMT
Hi,

we need to create a new sub project for the client API, something like
shared-client-api. We will use it in the server to handle the
replication (for the consumer), and we will also need it in Studio.
Last, not least, this API could become the next jLDAP API.

At this point, we already have some things working, like a
LdapConnection, the bind and unbind operation, plus some search
operations handling. Whipping the other operations can be done quite
quickly.

Now, the things is that it need to be designed carefully, and I would
appreciate if some of you can come and join the effort, because when it
comes to API designing, it's better to be more than one doing it, as we
should be very carefull and have users in mind.

wdyt ?

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny
www.iktek.com