directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject [replication] Syncrepl (RFC 4533) implementation
Date Sun, 29 Mar 2009 10:13:24 GMT
Hi,

I will change a few things in the replication branch in order to inject
the current consumer we have now working as a side project. Let me
describe what I want to do :
- rename the Mitosis subproject to syncrepl
- remove all the crap in mitsosis, we don't need it anymore

The enext step will be to implement the consumer, the producer and the
conflict resolution system.

* The producer is the easy part : it will be put into the ldap-protocol
project, as it all depends on the searchHandler. This handler will call
a ReplicationManager class, which will register on the eventInterceptor,
like the PersistentSearch. But there is one more thing it should do :
get a link to the journla in order to return back to the consumer every
modification since the last connection. Last, not least, we have to
store the cookie into the session.

* The consumer is a bit more complex, as it's a client to another LDAP
server. We have to install it in the LdapService, as we need to be able
to inject the data into the local server, after having gone through the
conflict resolution system.

I'm currently working on the wiring, in the branch, and will commit it
as soon as I get the branch compiling again.

Last, not least, we need to whip some configuration. I'm waiting for
Alex to be done with the LDIF based partition, becuse I don't want to
lose time with Spring+xbean. Hopefully, that will be done soon (FYI, we
are both in Paris for a week, and we will work together during this week)

Thanks !

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny
www.iktek.com