directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] A solution for the subentry association performance problem
Date Sat, 28 Mar 2009 09:48:44 GMT
Ersin ER wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The problem you mentioned and many more (collective attrs, dynamic groups)
> of that type are related to computed attributes. The solution is to develop
> a Virtual Attribute Computation layer on top of partitions.
I totally agree. Subentry should be seen as filters, instead of
implemented the way it is. I like to see them as 'layers' applied on top
of the Dit. They have the same structure than the Dit, but they restrict
the number of element you can "see" (in this case, "restrict" means
applies a set of ACIs). SO when processing an operation, you add the
subentry filters on the result, or even better, you use the subentry as
a filter to limit the number of returned elements. Then you don't need
to modify all the entries the way we do. I don't know if I explain
corectly what I have in mind, but anyway...

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny
www.iktek.com
directory.apache.org