directory-dev mailing list archives

From Kiran Ayyagari <ayyagariki...@gmail.com>
Subject [Replication] indexing the entryCSN and entryUUID attributes
Date Sat, 21 Mar 2009 05:21:24 GMT
hello guys,

       Currently the entryCSN and entryUUID attributes do not have a index.

    1. entryCSN index

       I believe that the entryCSN should have a *system* level index(we can avoid any
       issues related to letting the user configure this index ), cause it is crucial for
determining which
       entries needs to be served for each client( a.k.a consumer ) and peer( a.k.a producer)

    2. entryUUID index

       Am thinking of adding a *system* level index on entryUUID AT for the following reasons

       1. There is a situation where some entry(ies) needs to be deleted only using entryUUID.
          At the moment there is no method in CoreSession interface which takes a entryUUID
to delete (similar to
          CS.delete(LdapDN) ). This forces us to perform a search on DIT and then do a delete
after getting the entry.

       2. We need not force users to configure an index for this AT ( if the above said new
method was implemented )

       ( My brain fails to think about any other valid uses of this entryUUID *system* index
other than for deleting an
         entry ;) )

    wdyt?

Kiran Ayyagari