directory-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Seelmann <>
Subject Re: ApacheDS 1.5 - Build failure
Date Tue, 10 Mar 2009 22:21:05 GMT
Hi Rahul,

rahul.soa wrote:
> Hello everyone,
> I have tried to launch apache directory studio with many jvms (sun,
> oracle, harmony, openJDK, IBM) but I am not able to launch it. I have
> the similar error in the .log file (under
> /.ApacheDirectoryStudio/.metadata).
> *Action: *I am checking the truck out from
> svn co studio
> and building it with *MAVEN_OPTS="-Xmx256m" mvn clean install*
> but when I try to launch the studio it does not launch it screen gets stuck.
> Can you please guide, I am missing something or doing something wrong?

I really don't know what's wrong. I installed a new VMware image with
Fedora 10, installed OpenJDK/IcedTea 6, checked out the trunk, built it
with mvn clean install and studio started up without any problem. Then I
installed Sun JDK 1.6.0_12, also no problem.

Some more things to check:

Do you have a 32bit or 64bit system?

Please start from command line and check which processes are started. It
must be two: the 'ApacheDirectoryStudio' executable and a java process.

Are you able to create a thread dump from the java process?

Please try to delete your ~/.ApacheDirectoryStudio folder and start with
a fresh workspace.

Thanks for your patience,

View raw message