directory-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Zoerner <ste...@labeo.de>
Subject Re: embedded configuration
Date Tue, 10 Mar 2009 21:00:47 GMT
Alex Karasulu wrote:
> SSL is a little more complex because we have 2 options for configuring
> it.  The first option creates a self signed cert at startup and uses
> that.  The other option is to use the configuration to point to an
> existing cert file.  The documentation should show you how to manage both.

The problem is probably that Jean plans to run it embedded; the
documentation

http://directory.apache.org/apacheds/1.5/33-how-to-enable-ssl.html

does not provide information on how to add an LDAPS service
programatically ...

Jean has (probably) to add some lines to the StartStopListener (for
instance) in
http://directory.apache.org/apacheds/1.5/43-embedding-apacheds-as-a-web-application.html

Simply reproduce the configuration in the server.xml

Greetings from Hamburg,
     Stefan