directory-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Knecht <fel...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Studio] Validation of server configuration against schema
Date Mon, 09 Mar 2009 11:10:57 GMT

>> Looking at the code I guess this is what's going on for classes have
>> the marker "* @org.apache.xbean.XBean"
>> - Setters should (!?) be marked with "* @org.apache.xbean.XBean"
>> - Getters may have no specific marker (but can like property), but are
>> taken for schema generation
>> - Other methods ... ?
>>
> As far as I can understand the way it works, here are some rules :
> - if a class has a @org.apache.xbean.XBean tag in its header, then all
> the public setters will be described in the XSD
> - if you don't want a field to be seen, then you can add a
> @org.apache.xbean.Property hidden="true" in the setter's header,
> otherwise they will be automatically included.
>
> I know nothing about inheritence, but AFAICT, it's enough to add the
> @org.apache.xbean.XBean in the parent tag.

Thanks. Some more questions ...
- Is xbean _really_ used in apacheds or is it just there to try to generate the schema using
the annotations?
- What is meant by 'another bean I didn't convert'?
   extract from server.xml:
   <!-- another bean I didn't convert -->
   <spring:bean class="org.springframework.beans.factory.config.CustomEditorConfigurer">
     <spring:property name="customEditors">
       <spring:map>
         <spring:entry key="javax.naming.directory.Attributes">
           <spring:bean class="org.apache.directory.server.core.configuration.AttributesPropertyEditor"/>
         </spring:entry>
       </spring:map>
     </spring:property>
   </spring:bean>
- the root node of the server.xml (<spring:beans>) is completely missing in the generated
schema. Does anybody has an
idea in which class the xbean annotation is missing for this?

Thanks
Felix