directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Studio] Validation of server configuration against schema
Date Mon, 09 Mar 2009 11:01:55 GMT

>> The schema are self-generated by xbeans. Maybe the generation is not
>> correct ?
>
> I can find very, very rare docs about the maven-xbean-plugin and it's
> usage!
Very strange ;)

> Looking at the code I guess this is what's going on for classes have
> the marker "* @org.apache.xbean.XBean"
> - Setters should (!?) be marked with "* @org.apache.xbean.XBean"
> - Getters may have no specific marker (but can like property), but are
> taken for schema generation
> - Other methods ... ?

As far as I can understand the way it works, here are some rules :
- if a class has a @org.apache.xbean.XBean tag in its header, then all
the public setters will be described in the XSD
- if you don't want a field to be seen, then you can add a
@org.apache.xbean.Property hidden="true" in the setter's header,
otherwise they will be automatically included.

I know nothing about inheritence, but AFAICT, it's enough to add the
@org.apache.xbean.XBean in the parent tag.

David Jencks should be able to tell you more about xbeans than I do...

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny
www.iktek.com
directory.apache.org