directory-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Zoerner <ste...@labeo.de>
Subject [ApacheDS] Strange problem with LDAP clients connecting from remote (Can't connect to the LDAP server - Unknown error)
Date Sun, 08 Mar 2009 16:55:20 GMT
Hi all,

I have a strange problem with the current 1.5.5 trunk. If I build it and
create noarch installers, I am able to deploy it and start the server
with default server.xml. But it is not possible to connect from
computers other than the one the server is started from (localhost).

I noticed the problem with a client within a VMWare image, which was not
able to connect to ApacheDS on the host system. First I thought it has
something to do with VMWare, but the problem persists, if I simply try
to connect from remote. The clients gets a "Can't connect to the LDAP
server - Unknown error". It has nothing todo with firewalls, and it is
not specific to an OS (can reproduce on Windows and a Solaris 10 box).

Problem is client independent (I tried Studio and ldapsearch).

With Wireshark, I see little traffic (two frames), but connection gets
established.

Any ideas?
Thanks in advance,
      Stefan