directory-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Seelmann <>
Subject Re: [Studio] [Shared] About [DIRSTUDIO-449] Add a new GeneralizedTime Value Editor
Date Sun, 08 Mar 2009 10:48:42 GMT
Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot schrieb:
> Hi all,
> I worked a little on this issue and I have proposed a first "draft"
> implementation you can see on JIRA [1].

Cool, looks really great!

> When this new widget will be ready, I'm wondering if it should replace
> the InPlaceGeneralizedTimeEditor or if we should keep both.

Only one could be the default for the generalized time syntax.

Maybe it is possible to add and input field for the raw string? I mean
it could be useful if you want to copy/paste a value. When modifying
this field the parser could be invoked and update the other widgets and
vice versa.

> Furthermore, while working on this I used the GeneralizedTime parser
> included in Shared LDAP, and I think there's a bug while parsing the
> timezone.
> With a GeneralizedTime ending with 'Z', the timezone is correct, but
> with other GeneralizedTimes (ending with -0500 for example) the timezone
> is null.
> I'll try to find a fix for that.

Thanks. There is also a GeneralizedTimeTest.

Kind Regards,

View raw message