directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ApacheDS 1.5 - Build failure
Date Sat, 07 Mar 2009 13:24:51 GMT
rahul.soa wrote:
> Hello Pierre-Arnaud/Felix,

Hi Rahul,

> when I double click on the Apache Studio icon (under /root/studio/*
> target/distributions*/ApacheDirectoryStudio-linux-x86-1.4.0-SNAPSHOT/ApacheDirectoryStudio.)
> then it seems its gonna to start soon (opening a dialogue box like eclipse
> with apache studio logo, saying that workbench is loading) but abruptly it
> goes away and a small dialogue occurs with the title "ApacheDirectoryStudio"
> nothing inside. In essence, I am not able to launch it. Is there something
> wrong I am doing?

Are you sure you are using the correct JVM ? It won't work with GCj. You
_must_ use a Sun, IBM or Jrockit JVM. Check the logs in
.ApacheDirectoryStudion/.metadata on your home directory.

PS: *don't*, I mean, really, DON'T work as root. Create a user, log as
this user. Root should only be used for maintenance operations. This is
a bad habbit to log as root. If you are using Ubuntu, this is prohibited
by default, and you have to sudo in order to gain root access. Once you
will have done something "rm -rf *" by mistake, you will undesrtand what
I mean...

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny
www.iktek.com