directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: want to contribute in the project
Date Tue, 03 Mar 2009 21:33:33 GMT
Rahul SOA wrote:
> Hello Emmanuel/Dev,
>
> I was trying to see how LDAP proxy looks like in the Studio to evolve the
> idea "LDAP graphical proxy in Studio" you published .
It was a Swing ui.
>  Could you please guide
> me how to get this as I read some information about it from here
> http://cwiki.apache.org/DIRxSBOX/ldap-proxy.html , dont see the screen shot
> of the proxy though (Screenshot-LDAP-Proxy-GUI.png). I have installed
> ApacheDS 1.5, Directory Studio 1.3.0 and curious to see the LDAP proxy.

Well, it's really old, and I think we have lost the snapshot while
migrating the wiki ...

The idea is to be able to trap the incoming requests from a client and
the associated response from the server, presenting them in a GUI with
on the left part, the requests, and on the right part, their content.
Pretty basic.

We were able to store the exchanged data as XML files, to be able to
reply them if needed.

It's not really a 'Ldap proxy', it's just a debugging tool used to see
what are the requests a client send. It's very useful when working on
applications which "talk" to ldap, as you can analyse what they send to
the server.

Is this enough for you as a description ?

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny
www.iktek.com
directory.apache.org