directory-dev mailing list archives

From huntc <>
Subject AbstractServerTest and anonymous access to LDAP
Date Mon, 16 Mar 2009 11:04:50 GMT

Hi there,

Firstly thank you for such an amazing project - ApacheDS is a wonderful

I'm trying to use an embedded ApacheDS in my unit test case via
AbstractServerTest. I have followed the v.1.0 documentation on how to do

I have a JNDI search returning results if I supply admin credentials via
Context.SECURITY_PRINCIPAL etc. However if I don't supply credentials i.e.
nothing relating to credentials in my context's hashtable, then my JNDI
search simply returns no results.

I am of course attempting to connect anonymously and have a setUp body along
the lines of:

My code being tested also performs fine connecting anonymously to ApacheDS
v.1.5.4 running externally.

Is there something I'm missing in my AbstractServerTest?

Thank you for your help.

Kind regards,
Sent from the Apache Directory Project mailing list archive at

View raw message