directory-dev mailing list archives

From huntc <hu...@mac.com>
Subject AbstractServerTest and anonymous access to LDAP
Date Mon, 16 Mar 2009 11:04:50 GMT

Hi there,

Firstly thank you for such an amazing project - ApacheDS is a wonderful
application.

I'm trying to use an embedded ApacheDS in my unit test case via
AbstractServerTest. I have followed the v.1.0 documentation on how to do
this.

I have a JNDI search returning results if I supply admin credentials via
Context.SECURITY_PRINCIPAL etc. However if I don't supply credentials i.e.
nothing relating to credentials in my context's hashtable, then my JNDI
search simply returns no results.

I am of course attempting to connect anonymously and have a setUp body along
the lines of:

configuration.setAllowAnonymousAccess(true);
super.setUp();

My code being tested also performs fine connecting anonymously to ApacheDS
v.1.5.4 running externally.

Is there something I'm missing in my AbstractServerTest?

Thank you for your help.

Kind regards,
Christopher