directory-dev mailing list archives

From Sushil Vegad <vsus...@serebrum.com>
Subject Modify existing schema
Date Tue, 10 Mar 2009 14:37:35 GMT

Hello,
We are using apache-ds-1.5.4. We created a custom schema, a class called
MyUser. One of its mandatory attribute is orgName. Due to change in our
needs, we want to make orgName optional.

Is it possible to modify a schema that already exists on the server? If yes,
can I use directory server studio to modify it or do I need to use the java
API?

I used directory server studio to import the modified schema when I got the
error code 53 -
UNWILLING_TO_PERFORM....................

org.apache.directory.shared.ldap.exception.LdapOperationNotSupportedException
	at
org.apache.directory.server.core.schema.SchemaOperationControl.modify(SchemaOperationControl.java:445)
	at
org.apache.directory.server.core.schema.SchemaInterceptor.modify(SchemaInterceptor.java:1486)

PLease help.

Thank you for your time.
Sushil