On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 12:55 PM, Emmanuel Lecharny <elecharny@apache.org> wrote:
So now I'm facing an interesting problem.

I have a system which revert every modification done on each method,
including the LDIF injected within this method, but the current
ChangeLog system is cumulative. ie, each time I revert the previou
smodification, it does not remove the operation from the log, but it
create the reverse operations and store them in the changelog.

Implement clear() and clear( int rev ) methods that clears the log of all events and those up to a certain revision respectively.  What do you think?

I don't see the point to kep all the reverts into the changeLog as if
they were normal operation. Reverting a revert is most certainly not
something likely to happen. If an admin do a revert by mistake, then
the journal might contain all the operation (including the reverts),
but this shoul dnot be used to manage the rollback mechanism.

--
Regards,
Cordialement,