Hello,

I am working on a project that will require the user to download and install a Java daemon onto their machine (Windows, OS X, Linux, ...), and I've been looking for something that would help me create installers for each environment.  I'm using commons-daemon.  I stumbled upon the daemon-plugin in the Maven repository and have read what documentation I can find.  I've gathered that it's pretty much exactly what I'm looking for.  I've tinkered a little with it (version 1.1.5) and finally got it to generate a DMG for my project.

It seems, though, that "Apache Server Directory" is hard coded in several places, like the .pkg name, for instance.  Also the installation layout seems to be fixed to what is needed for your project.  And probably several other places.

I just have a couple of questions if you have a quick second to respond:

1.  Am I barking up the wrong tree?  Is this plugin not meant for use with other projects?
2.  Is there some documentation I can read to wrap my head around it a little better?

I'm willing to make the plugin more extensible to accommodate my project and contribute back so others can benefit as well.  Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Greg