directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Link to Groovy LDAP from our site?
Date Fri, 20 Feb 2009 11:02:59 GMT
On Fri, Feb 20, 2009 at 11:21 AM, Stefan Zoerner <stefan@labeo.de> wrote:
> Hi Alex!
>
> Alex Karasulu wrote:
>>
>> How about having a sandbox link which shows all the different sandbox
>> projects of value? There are no others at this point.  This way people know
>> the code is not officially endorsed by the the PMC but eventually will be
>> etc.
>
> Thanks for this nice idea. I have created a new category "Sandbox" and
> inserted the item there.

Thanks Stefan !

At some point, I think we will have to investigate what we have in the
sandbox and in the dormant projects. from what I can see in SVN, we
have in sandbox :

- SLP (which is a starting point from some project Jan is working on
with some student (Lorentz)). It has some potential.
- Custom partition : something Alex has worked on 2 years ago, but I
think it might be a better idea to check with (Mickael?) aboiut his
Oracle partition implementation.
- Some OLM stuff ( Object Ldap Mapping)
- A minimal proxy GUI
- Groovy LDAP of course

and some dormant subprojects : OSGi, naming.

We also have to think about Triplesec and kerberos, plus all the other
protocols : NTP, DHCP, DNS, etc...

But let's focus on 2.0 first, and we can discuss all those items after
ApacheCON.

wdyt ?

--
Regards,