directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ApacheDs - DIGEST-MD5
Date Wed, 18 Feb 2009 15:10:24 GMT
> Thanks for reply.
> I was looking for using dn, but I didn't find solutions.
> Have a good day.

This is server specific. Sun JNDI tutorial is explicit about the principalname :

"Context.SECURITY_PRINCIPAL(in the API reference documentation).
    Set to the principal name. This is a server-specific format. Some
servers support a login user id format, such as that defined for Unix
or Windows login screens. Others accept a distinguished name. Yet
others use the authorization id formats defined in RFC 2829. In that
RFC, the name should be either the string "dn:", followed by the fully
qualified DN of the entity being authenticated, or the string "u:",
followed by the user id. Some servers accept multiple formats.
Examples of some of these formats are "cuser", "dn: cn=C. User,
ou=NewHires, o=JNDITutorial", and "u: cuser" The data type of this
property must be java.lang.String. "

(http://java.sun.com/products/jndi/tutorial/ldap/security/digest.html)

You may like it or not, but if the server does not support a DN, there
is nothing you can do but comply to the server implementation ...

Sorry about that.

--
Regards,
Cordialement,