directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ChangeLog + revert, broken , take 2
Date Wed, 18 Feb 2009 14:57:14 GMT

>> Clear() simply remove every entry from the
>> server _and_ from the changeLog,
>
> We should also have a clear() overload that takes a revision int parameter
> removing everything up to a specific revision.

right now, it takes a parameter whic is a long too, so you have both
methods : clear() and clear(long)

>> when revert() remove entries from the
>> server bug logs revert operations into the changeLog.
>
> I don't understand what you mean here by "server bug logs". Can you clarify?

s/bug/change/

>> You can't do a
>> revert() followed by a clear(), it's a waste, as everything you will
>> write in the changeLog in the revert() method will be erased by the
>> clear() method.
>
> You can do a revert(int a) followed by a clear(int a) to bring the server
> back to state 'a' and remove any record of changes in the changelog.

Better do a clear(). Unless the clear() just remove info from the
changeLog. In my mind, clear = remove from server and changelog.

>> So the clear() semantic is : remove everything from server and
>> changelog
>
> Just from the changelog.

Doing so mean that you store reverted operation of the revert
operation which will be removed by the subsequent clear(). A bit
useless...

--
Regards,
Cordialement,