directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [replication] RFC 4533 implementation
Date Mon, 09 Feb 2009 18:10:36 GMT
On Mon, Feb 9, 2009 at 6:58 PM, Kiran Ayyagari <ayyagarikiran@gmail.com> wrote:

> Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:
>>
>> I would suggest that we write a small client application (nothing serious,
>> something very rough, not even a GUI) to send requests using those controls
>> to an OpenLDAP server, as it supports RFC 4533 (syncRepl), just in order to
>> get the network layer whipped. As soon as this client will work, we will
>> have to inject it into the server, as a part of the replication consumer. At
>> this point, I would suggest we use MINA 2.0 Connector to deal with the
>> connection.
>>
> I would like to start the work on this, my work might go at a low pace
> as I haven't had much exposure to MINA, but want to do this anyway :).

No problem ! I have some code which uses MINA to communicate with a
LDAP server, I just have to commit it somewhere. A good place would be
the sandbox. I can push the code here. (I have implemented the Bind
and Unbind operation, plus a minimal Search, all using MINA, as a
first test to write a LDAP client)

I will commit it tonite if you cna create the sandbox for this
(replicationClient could ba  a good name).

Thanks !

--
Regards,
Cordialement,