directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <akaras...@gmail.com>
Subject [ApacheDS] [entryDn] We should add it! (was: Re: [ApacheDS] Poor man's cluster interceptor)
Date Tue, 24 Feb 2009 17:25:07 GMT
Might be a good idea to add this operational attribute as a virtual
attribute to an entry when it is going out the door ONLY.  We should do it
like this because then we don't have to load up the entry from the backend
when doing modDn operations.  At this point we're totally hosed on modDN
because of the decision to include the DN in the entry.

Incidentally I will have to veto any release that does not fix this problem:
it's high priority IMO. I warned about the performance issue it brings
about. Howard Chu confirmed this and still it's the case. To see just load
up a server with 1M user entries then try a modDN on ou=Users.  Do it on the
server before this change and after it was introduced.  Seeing the
difference will convince anyone.