directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <akaras...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Cleanup levels& Mode for tests
Date Fri, 13 Feb 2009 18:06:34 GMT
On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 11:42 AM, Emmanuel Lecharny <elecharny@apache.org>wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 5:22 PM, Alex Karasulu <akarasulu@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Ahh so you're saying we can infer when to cleanup from the mode and don't
> > need to specify explicity when to cleanup?
>
> yes. Let me explain.
>
> if we have a test which is not the first one in a class,
> 1-1) If we have a test with mode = PRISTINE, we don't care : the
> server is wept out
> 1-2) If the mode is RESTART, CUMULATIVE or NOSERVICE, we don't do anything

With RESTART we do have to stop and start the server.

> 1-3) If the mode is ROLLBACK, we rollback the method changes
> (including the LDIFs)
> 1-4) If the test does not define a mode, then step 2:
>
> step 2
> 2-1) if the class mode is PRISTINE, we wipeout the server
> 2-2) if the class mode is RESTART, CUMULATIVE or NOSERVICE, we don't do
> anything

Again RESTART will require a stop the start before conducting the test.

> 2-3) if the class mode is ROLLBACK, we rollback the method changes and
> LDIFs AND the class LDIFs
> 2-4) if the class does not define a mode, then step 3
>
> step 3
> 3-1) if the suite mode is PRISTINE, we wipe the server
> 3-2) if the suite mode is RESTART, CUMULATIVE or NOSERVICE, we don't do
> anything
> 3-3) if the suite mode is ROLLBACK, we rollback the the method changes

Same as above.

> and LDIFs AND the class LDIFs AND the suite LDIFs
> 3-4) if the class does not define a mode, then assume that the mode is
> ROLLBACK for the test, and go back to (1-3)
>
> If the test is the first one for a class which is not the first class
> for the suite, then we have to check the class mode :
> 4-1) if the class mode is PRISTINE, wipe the data
> 4-2) if the class mode is RESTART, CUMULATIVE or NOSERVICE, we don't do
> anything
> 4-3) if the class mode is ROLLBACK, then we revert the class LDIFs
> 4-4) if the class does not define a mode, then step 4
>
> step 4
> 5-1) if the suite mode is PRISTINE, wipe the data
> 5-2) if the suite mode is RESTART, CUMULATIVE or NOSERVICE, we don't do
> anything
> 5-3) if the suite mode is ROLLBACK, then we revert the class LDIFs
> 5-4) if the suite does not define a mode, then assume that the class
> mode is ROLLBACK and go back to (4-3)
>
> last, not least, if a test is first one of teh first class of the
> suite, we just start the server from scratch
>
> In any case, we can deduce the clean level from the mode.

Right I see that with your examples clearly now.  Even though RESTART
requires some handling contrary to what you wrote it does not impact the
point you're making here.

Thanks,
Alex