directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Hammond, Steve" <steve.hamm...@Polycom.com>
Subject RE: [APacheDS] do I need to write a way to clone a filter?
Date Fri, 20 Feb 2009 15:30:30 GMT

-----Original Message-----
From: elecharny@gmail.com [mailto:elecharny@gmail.com] On Behalf Of
Emmanuel Lecharny
Sent: Thursday, February 19, 2009 10:25 AM
To: Apache Directory Developers List
Subject: Re: [APacheDS] do I need to write a way to clone a filter?

> I tried to hack it together with
(FilterParser.parse(filter.toString())  but
> this fails when my memberOf groupDN has parenthesis in it.

Well, the parser might not be perfect :/ Worth a JIRA, IMO.

Actually I like it how it is.  The problem is that filter.toString() can
produce things like (cn=bobs group(not jims))  which is the correct way
to look at it as to string I think.  But it cannot be parsed, because
the parens would have to be escaped.  I don't think they should be
escaped in the toString function, that is why I did not enter a Jira
ticket.