directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Hammond, Steve" <steve.hamm...@Polycom.com>
Subject [APacheDS] do I need to write a way to clone a filter?
Date Thu, 19 Feb 2009 16:54:57 GMT
I am getting a filter in on the wire.

I want to use a visitor method and remove some pieces (a memberof)

But I need to use the original filter also.

I was hoping for a ExprNode.clone function so that I can have a copy of
the filter that I can send the visitor to do the alterations to the
copy, leaving the original filter pristine.

I tried to hack it together with (FilterParser.parse(filter.toString())
but this fails when my memberOf groupDN has parenthesis in it.

Just thought I would ask before I got very far on adding a clone to the
ExprNode Interface