directory-dev mailing list archives

From Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot ...@marcelot.net>
Subject Re: svn commit: r745400 - /directory/studio/trunk/ldapbrowser-common/pom.xml
Date Wed, 18 Feb 2009 10:39:31 GMT
Hi Felix,

On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 11:33 AM, Felix Knecht <felixk@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi Pierre-Arnaud
>
> > Hi Felix,
> >
> > I came across the same problem and was wondering if we should do this or
> > simply move the properties files to 'src/main/resources' (in the right
> > packages of course).
>
> Regarding to Eclipses RPC structure I think this would be the right place,
> whereas regarding from then Maven POV you're
> totally right to move them to the src/main/resources.
>
> I don't now what happens debugging in Eclipse when having them in the
> resources directory. Does it still works?
> I think to remember that the time I started with the i18n stuff I thought
> it easier to have it in the src/main/java tree
> because there I had (and probably still and only have) support for Eclipse
> tooling like 'Externalize strings...' and
> other gadgets.
>
> IMO it's easier to handle them using Eclipse tools when they are in the
> scr/main/java tree.

Yeah, you're totally right. I didn't have this in mind...

I don't want Eclipse to get mad because it's doesn't find the properties
files in 'src/main/java'.
Let's make an exception on our Maven principles for this particular thing.
As you said, this can save us precious time, especially if we can keep using
the Eclipse tooling for internationalization.

Thanks,
Pierre-Arnaud