directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: want to contribute in the project
Date Sat, 28 Feb 2009 23:02:44 GMT
Rahul SOA wrote:
> Hello Emmanuel/Alex/Devs,

Hi Rahul,
> Thanks for your quick reply.
>
> I am new to ApacheDS but due to having interest in LDAP and Java I am
> interested in this.  I am trying to get some enough knowledge of
> project to propose something. I am looking into the project (DS part,
> studio and Triplesec) to understand it.  It will be really
> advantageous, if you can share your thought about incoming
> projects/ideas. Thanks in advance.

Following your mail, we had a quick convo about what could be the
subjects on which you could work :
- a LDAP graphical proxy in Studio (extracting the exchanged PDU and
presenting them in the GUI, with there decoded values)
- A web UI to administrate the server
- Addition of some metrics into the server (like number of requests -
per period of time, gathered, etc)
and many more.
- Revitalizing the Triplesec project
- Contributions to Groovy LDAP
- GUI to manage the Kerberos  server

So far, this is a very first drop of ideas, some of them are quite huge
(I'm thinking about TripleSec, for instance : it's a bit to big to fit
in a GSoc project, IMHO)

Tell us if there is something on which you might be interested in !

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny
www.iktek.com
directory.apache.org