directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Studio] Next Release Roadmap
Date Fri, 27 Feb 2009 17:45:08 GMT
Stefan Seelmann wrote:
> Hi guys,

Hi Stefan,
> The last release of Studio was end of November 2008 so I want to ask if
> we would release a new version around ApacheCon?
>
> The major improvement we have is the multi-language support, thanks to
> Felix for the work. I think we have to finish the french translation and
>  to review the german translations but it is almost finished.

french translation is 60% done. I have to finish it, and then some
review will be necessary.
> Then some issues with non-editable attributes are fixed. All attributes
> are editable now, even they are not in the schema or operational.
>
> Last not least a very nasty bug is fixed [1] which needs a quick
> release, IMHO.
>
> So the question is if we want to get out an 1.4.0 till end of March and
> which other features we should include? Otherwise we should release a
> 1.3.1 with important bug fixes soon.

There are a couple of important things I would like to see in the next
version, but I don't know if we will have time to include them by end of
march
- Direct Schema injection in ADS. It's a bit painfull to have to export
to LDIF then inject those ldif into the server when it could be done
directly.
- General improvements on the schema browser. There are many small
itches that could be removed if the interface were to be reviewed and be
a bit more user friendly
- and of course, handling of the next ADS configuration file.

That would be perfect for a 1.4.0, IMHO.

But if we don't have time, we can differ those to the next version.

My 2 cts

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny
www.iktek.com