directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Custom schema errors on reboot
Date Fri, 27 Feb 2009 13:27:35 GMT
Sushil Vegad wrote:
> Hello,
> We use a custom schema with apache-ds-1.5.4 on windows. I installed the
> server, gave it my schema and the data using ldif files; my application runs
> fine - I can search users, modify user attributes, add and delete users
>
> If I REBOOT the directory server, I cannot modify or add users. It throws a
> schema violation exception -  LDAP: error code 65 - OBJECT_CLASS_VIOLATION

The HomePhone attributeType you are trying to redefine already exists in
the cosine schema. When injecting such an existing AttributeType, you
won't get an error (that's not very cool, I have to admit), but at
reboot, when trying to inject an entry with this attributeType in the
ObjectClass, you will get an error.

I have to tell you that the check done when injecting a new schema is
not sufficient to detect all those errors, but if you use the Studio
Schema Editor, you will be able to detect those inconsistencies.

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny
www.iktek.com
directory.apache.org